Designed with brand new TERPS technology
• High precision, ±0.01% FS over compensated temperature range
• High stability, ±100 ppm FS/year
• Pressure ranges, 2 bar (30 psi) up to 70 bar (1000 psi) absolute
• Wide temperature range, -40 °C to +85 °C (-40 °F to 185 °F)
• Media isolated construction, suitable for use in harsh environments
• Multiple output configurations, TTL and Diode, RS-232 and RS-485
• Wide selection of pressure and electrical connections to suit specific requirements
Oil & Gas
The increasing demand to recover oil in a clean, safe and efficient manner drives the need to measure during the different phases of exploration, drilling, production and transmission of upstream and midstream operations to very high levels of precision.The RPS/DPS 8000 pressure sensor provides the solution.
- Wellhead monitoring
- Custody transfer
The increasing demand for performance of aircraft, both military and commercial, requires that systems operate at higher efficiency levels, needing more accurate measurement and control.
- Air data test systems
- Environmental control systems
- Hydraulic control systems
- Flight test
- Ground test
- Avionics ground support equipment
Growing concerns over global climate change and the need to understand its potential impacts increase the scientific community’s interest in getting the most accurate and reliable data possible in order to provide the best results and conclusions.
- Wave and tide gauges
- Data buoys–moored and drifting
- Tsunami early warning systems
- Sea bed mapping
- Remote Operated Vehicles (ROVs)
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs)
- Remote weather monitoring stations
- Surface data buoys
- GPS meteorology
- Dam and reservoir level sensing
- Stream gauging
- Hydrostatic tank gauging
- Manometer replacements
The world’s energy consumption demand increases at a rate that continues to outpace supply. The RPS/DPS 8000 pressure sensor is designed for applications that drive efficiency in the control of fuel and for other critical monitoring of flow to gas powered turbines. The sensor also has uture potential for nuclear, wind, and geothermal energy applications.
Applications within this broad market segment are again driven by the need for improved testing and improved efficiencies. Automotive test, test benches, leak detection systems, and industry R&D efforts all center around improved results and performance, which require higher levels of measurement accuracy.
The ability to calibrate and validate performance of measurement equipment has always been an integral part of ensuring best results. As measurement devices increase in performance, so must the instruments that calibrate and validate them. The RPS/DPS 8000 finds application as an internal or external reference standard for laboratory and portable calibration instrumentation.
When developing this new TERPS technology, our objective was to offer a sensor with the highest level of accuracy and stability, available over wide pressure and temperature ranges, and in a robust and reliable package for harsh environments.
The Highest Levels of Accuracy and Stability
Silicon for improved performances:
|Example Si machining possible with DRiE
|Water in DRiE process
- We have fully leveraged the mechanical properties of silicon in making the TERPS resonator element
- To optimize and balance the design of resonator, we have used Deep Reactive Ion Etching (DRIE) silicon processing techniques. DRIE gives the ability to design structures with complex and arbitrary geometries.
- Precision of 0.01% FS (100 ppm)
- Stability of 0.01% FS per annum (100 ppm)
Over Wide Pressure and Temperature Ranges
The silicon fusion bonding process:
- TERPS is dependent only on the mechanical properties of silicon allowing use over wide temperature ranges up to -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F).
- The design also allows different thicknesses of silicon to be bonded to the resonator, through the use of Silicon Fusion Bonding (SFB), that allows use over a wide range of pressures, up to 70 bar (1000 psi)
| Cross-section of TERPS sensor element
||Cross-section of SFB Si Payers
In Robust and Reliable Packaging
Deep Reactive Ion Etching (DRiE) gives the ability to design structures with complex and arbitrary geometries and can be used to make the resonator in a horizontal plane. This is necessary to make the resonator rigid to minimize energy loss and enables the use of an oil filled isolated construction.
The fully welded TERPS module gives top level design engineers the freedom to package the sensor in standard material. The product is housed in a 316L stainless steel module and the conditioning electronics in a 25 mm body-tube. A range of pressure and electrical connections is offered.